Wednesday 22 June 2016

BURDEN

When a person is born,
There's happiness all around.
Celebrations on the go,
Family members feel that their problems have drowned.

As the child grows,
There are different challenges he faces,
He has a family to guide him,
Through life's rough phases.

But, when he becomes an adult,
The family gives up on him,
He starts becoming a burden on them,
And problems start touching the brim.

He is 'expected' to know his duties,
And not bother his family for help.
But when he is in need of aid,
He starts pleading to them for help.

The members regard him as lazy,
No matter what he does in their favour,
They start criticizing him,
And doubt his caliber.

No questions are asked,
There are so many in his mind,
He fears to clear his doubts,
And curses God and mankind.

"Why did You make me a human?,
Wasn't I better off in Your Chamber?
I was so well-equipped in the beginning,
But, now my parents love has begun to taper!

Loads and loads of expectations,
People have from me,
I always asked them whether they needed help,
But, now I realised I was so silly!

I have got so much of emotional torture,
That I pray no one else is given the same.

Such is the life of the modern generation,
No one has been able to live in peace,
Pity, O Pity on the sons in 'modern' families,
They can't even 'breathe' in cool breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment